Name: Christmas on the Square
Date: December 5, 2020
Time: 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM CST
- Smithville City Hall – Festive outdoor Christmas lights on the outside with cookies to eat and decorations to see on the inside. For safety precautions, folks will enter the City Hall building through the Smithville Police Department entrance on the south side of the building and exit through the front main entrance. Going one direction will help people to maintain social distancing and no face-to-face contact.
- DeKalb Courthouse – Large Christmas trees will be decorated on both sides of the exterior of the courthouse. You will be able to view the beautifully decorated interior trees, as well, through the glass.
- Christmas Shopping at our Fabulous Downtown Stores - There will be lots of specials and extended hours for shopping making it a great night to pick out wonderful and unique Christmas presents!
- “Live” Windows Contest in Downtown Businesses/Offices - Many of our downtown windows will have “live” scenes in their beautifully, decorated windows from 5 to 6 PM. YOU CAN VOTE for your favorite “Live” Display Window. Take a picture and post your favorite on the Smithville-DeKalb County Chamber Facebook Page. The live display window with the “Most Likes” will get points added to the judges’ tally sheet. Chamber Director Suzanne Williams and Smithville Mayor Josh Miller will be presenting 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places along with a “Chamber Choice” award for the “Live Window” contest. Mayor Miller is personally donating $250 to the top winning store’s favorite charity.
- Justin-Potter Library – The library plans to have Santa this year but will likely be set up outside. More details as we get closer to event.
- Smithville Electric – The lights will be shining bright at Evins Park’s Open-Air Stage beautifully decorated by Smithville Electric employees.
- DeKalb Animal Shelter Pet Photos with Santa – Beginning at 5 PM for a $10 donation, you can have your pet’s photo made with Santa. The location is 301 N. Public Square at the office of Attorney Gayla Hendrix.